Florida Standards Assessments
With the Florida standards in place to help Florida students succeed, the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) in English Language Arts (ELA), Mathematics, and end-of-course (EOC) subjects (Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry) serve Florida students by measuring education gains and progress. Students, parents/guardians, and educators are encouraged to check the FSA Portal often to access important information and resources as they are available.
The Statewide Science Assessment is still administered to students in grades 5 and 8, and FCAT 2.0 Grade 10 Reading Retake will be available for students with this requirement. Information about the previous FCAT 2.0 assessments (reading, writing, and mathematics) is available at FCAT 2.0 Historical.
The FSA Portal provides resources for students, parents, educators, test administrators, school assessment coordinators, district assessment coordinators, and technology coordinators. Some of the available resources include:
- The 2016-17 FSA English Language Arts and Mathematics Fact Sheet (PDF) and the 2016-17 FSA Algebra 1, Algebra 2, and Geometry End-of-Course Assessments Fact Sheet (PDF) provide useful information regarding 2016-17 FSA assessments.
- Practice tests are provided for users to become familiar with the computer-based system, functionality, and item types; the tests are not intended to guide classroom instruction. (A Practice Test Quick Guide (PDF) and answer keys are also available.)
- ELA Text-Based Writing Samplers are also available to define how points will be given within each domain.
- Test item specifications define the content and format of the assessment and test items for each grade level and subject.
- The test design summaries and blueprints for ELA (PDF) and for mathematics (PDF) provide more detailed information about the assessments, including the percentage of items in each content category, cognitive complexity, and approximate number of test items.
- The FSA Calculator and Reference Sheet Policies (PDF) document describes policies and materials specific to the mathematics assessments. In addition, the scientific calculator provided in the AIR Test Delivery System is available for student practice.
- FSA Results
- Interactive FSA Results: EDStats
- Retrofitted Results
- Understanding FSA Reports, 2017 (PDF)
- FSA Achievement Levels (PDF)
- Computer-Based Testing
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Graduation Requirements for Florida's Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- UEB Transition for Standards-Based Assessments (PDF)
- One Year of Florida’s Assessment Committee Participants (2015-2016) (PDF)
- Participation in State Assessment Committees (PDF)
- Private Schools Opportunities for Statewide Assessments
- Standard Setting