Private School Opportunities for Statewide Assessments
Beginning with the 2013-14 school year, any participating private school with at least one enrolled Florida Tax Credit (FTC) Scholarship student may apply to the Department to administer the Florida Statewide Assessments (e.g., Florida Standards Assessments, Florida EOC Assessments, Statewide Science Assessment) to all students at the private school, per Section 1002.395, Florida Statutes (F.S.). Beginning in 2015-16, private schools with at least one enrolled Gardiner Scholarship student may also apply to administer the assessments to their students, per Section 1002.385, F.S..
The private school must have at least one FTC Scholarship student or Gardiner Scholarship student enrolled at the time of application and during the eligible school year, and the school must abide by all state and district testing policies and procedures in order to participate. Private schools will be held to the same expectations as public schools. Some of the agreements required in the application are provided below:
- The private school will adhere to the Test Security Policies and Procedures, as well as Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rules governing test security.
- The private school will follow all instructions in the test administration manuals for each assessment administration.
- The private school will test participating students according to the schedule established by the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) and the district.
- The private school will use certified educators as test administrators and will have the required number of proctors as defined in the test administration manuals.
- The private school will have testing rooms that are suitable for testing.
- If any computer-based administrations are selected, the private school will have sufficient resources (e.g., computers, bandwidth, technical support) to participate. The district is not responsible for these resources.
- The private school will state that it understands that testing improprieties result in student or classroom invalidations and/or the loss of teaching certification.
- The private school will agree to comply with any investigations by the school district, the FDOE, and law enforcement.
- The private school will designate a school assessment coordinator to participate in the district-level training, to train school-level staff, and to complete all other duties defined in the test administration manuals.
- The private school will notify school personnel, parents, and students of its application to participate.
- January - March 1: The application window is open for private schools to apply to the FDOE.
- July: Preliminary approval to participate is provided to private schools and their corresponding districts.
- August: Final eligibility is confirmed once FTC Scholarship Student school assignments are complete.
- Application Posted for the Private School Opportunity to Participate in 2013-14 FCAT 2.0/EOC Assessments (PDF) (12/21/12)
- Private School Opportunity to Participate in 2013-14 FCAT 2.0/EOC Assessments via the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program (PDF) (11/16/12)
Application and Supporting Materials for 2018-19
The application and signature pages for all supporting materials must be completed and returned to the FDOE by March 1, 2018, per Section 1002.395(8)(c), F.S. Because this date is established in statute, no late submissions will be accepted.
- Application (PDF)
- Attachment A: Sections 1002.395 and 1002.385, Florida Statutes (PDF)
- Attachment B: Test Security Policies and Procedures (PDF)
- Attachment C: Florida Test Security Statute and State Board of Education Test Security Rule (PDF)
- Attachment D: 2018-19 Statewide Assessment Schedule (PDF)
- Attachment E: Sample Test Administration Manual (PDF)
- Attachment F: Appendix A of Test Administration Manual (Information Regarding Allowable Accommodations on Statewide Assessments) (PDF)
- Attachment G: Required Security Agreements (PDF)
- Attachment H: System Requirements and Minimum Specifications for Computer-Based Testing (PDF)
See the archive for applications and supporting materials from past assessment years.