Florida Calendar Project
Celebrate Women’s History Month through this scalable K-12 arts integrated project that tasks students with applying their learning to the creation of an original 12-month calendar based on the theme Celebrating the Contributions of Women to Florida. Please visit CPALMS to access the project guide. The February 26, 2020, Celebrating Arts Education Month webinar includes various methods for teaching women’s history through the arts and features the calendar project. The Celebrating Arts Education Month webinar presentation can be accessed here (PDF).
Florida Fine Arts Report
- Florida State Statute 1002.35 - New World School of the Arts
- Florida State Statute 1003.01 - Definitions
- Florida State Statute 1003.4156 - General requirements for middle grades promotion
- Florida State Statute 1003.42 - Required instruction
- Florida State Statute 1003.4282 - Requirements for a standard high school diploma
- Florida State Statute 1003.4995 - Fine arts report
- Florida State Statute 1003.49965 - Art in the Capitol Competition
- Florida State Statute 1003.481 - Early Childhood Music Education Incentive Pilot Program
- 2019-20 Required Data Collection for Fine Arts Report (PDF)
- Arts Education Month (PDF)
- 2020 Art in the Capitol Competition (PDF)
Awards and Recognitions
- Florida Arts Model Schools
- U.S. Presidential Scholars in the Arts
As part of the U.S. Presidential Scholars program, nominated students who are a part of Young Arts are initially selected for candidacy based upon their artistic ability. The candidates then submit a comprehensive set of application materials which are reviewed by a committee of qualified individuals. Finally semifinalists' materials are reviewed by the Commission on Presidential Scholars, which is appointed by the President of the United States using the same criteria as the committee. For a list of this year's winners, please check the online listing at the National Young Arts Foundation website.
For more information about this program please visit the U.S. Department of Education's Presidential Scholars.
For more information about Young Arts visit www.youngarts.org.
Arts Education Specialist
Bureau of Standards and Instructional Support
325 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400