Gifted Education Programs
Florida defines gifted students as students who have superior intellectual development and are capable of high performance. Each school district serves gifted students through local plans that provide academic and social emotional support. The links below provide more information regarding resources, publications and other supporting information for teachers, administrators, parents, students and community members.
For gifted education compliance issues please visit the Gifted Education page within the Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services.
- Florida’s Frameworks for K12 Gifted Learners (PDF)
- Florida Plan for K-12 Gifted Education (PDF)
- Resource Guide for the Education of Gifted Students in Florida (PDF)
- What is Exceptional Student Education for Children Who Are Gifted? - 2017 (PDF)
- ¿Qué es la Educación de Estudiantes Excepcionales para los Niños Dotados? 2017 - Spanish (PDF)
- Florida Association for the Gifted (FLAG)
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Talented and Gifted (TAG)
- Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
- Neag Center for Gifted Education and Talent Development
For state policy and related questions, please contact:
Dr. Denise Barrett