Apply or Check Status
The Florida Department of Education launched its new Educator Certification System on November 20, 2017. All educators and applicants must establish a new online user account for access to the Online Licensing Service system. Visit EdCert VERSA Conversion for more information.
You may use the secure Online Licensing Service site to:
- Submit your Application for Educator Certification in Florida (see instructions below)
- Access current information about your Florida certification record
- Update your legal name and/or address in your Florida certification record
- Make payment for any unpaid fee balance using your major credit card.
Completing your application using the new Online Licensing Service site
- Click Begin Here for Sign-up to create a new online user account and retrieve your temporary password sent via email.
- Enter your User ID and password then click Sign In to access this secure site.
- Once successfully signed in, educators will be prompted to complete an Initial Onboarding process to match your account to existing Florida certification records. Your social security number1 and date of birth are required to complete the onboarding process.
- The Quick Start Menu provides you a choice of options available based on your current Florida certification record.
- For new applicants, you may Start a New Application for the available Florida certifications issued via the Bureau of Educator Certification:
- Evaluation of eligibility for Educator Certification
- Evaluation of eligibility for Athletic Coaching Certification
- Evaluation of eligibility for Speech Language Impaired Certification
- Evaluation of eligibility for Exchange Teacher Certification.
- If you are a certified educator, you may choose an application option to Manage your license information, including:
- Upgrade from a Temporary to a Professional Educator's Certificate
- Addition of a subject or endorsement to your valid Florida Educator’s Certificate*
- Renewal of your Florida Professional Educator’s Certificate*
- Reinstatement of your expired Florida Professional Educator’s Certificate.
*Note: Please contact your local Florida public school district certification office for guidance on application and payment procedures.
- Complete the chosen application by entering your information as requested in each of the application sections.
- A valid social security number1 issued by the United States Social Security Administration is required for issuance of a Florida Educator's Certificate.
- Verify and attest via Affidavit that the information you enter is true, accurate, and complete.
- Authorize payment of non-refundable application processing fees using your VISA or MasterCard credit card.
- You will be charged the appropriate processing fee according to the certificate action or service you request.
- You will be requested to authorize payment for your application using your VISA or MasterCard .
- Submit additional documentation as directed.
Ensure that your social security number or Florida DOE License Number is clearly printed on all accompanying documents.
- Additional documentation may include, but is not limited to:
- An official transcript bearing the registrar's seal and signature from each college or university within the United States from which you have earned college level credit. You must have attained a bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited or approved institution to be eligible for certification in Florida (except for the Athletic Coaching certificate).
- Please request your institution to submit an official transcript electronically to the Bureau of Educator Certification, if possible. Secure electronic submission via FASTER or SPEEDE is the preferred method of receipt by the Florida Department of Education in order to protect the confidentiality of your educational records, maintain the integrity of your personal identity, and speed the process of your certification application.
- Applicants with degrees from colleges or universities outside the United States should review the information for Foreign Trained Graduates or contact our office for an explanation of appropriate documentation of foreign degrees and credits.
- A complete photocopy of your valid certificate/s from other state/s, the American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence (ABCTE), and/or the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS). You may refer to the Pathways and Routes section of our website for more information regarding Florida’s use of out-of-state certificates for certification purposes.
Your application package cannot be evaluated until it is complete and received in the Bureau of Educator Certification. You may refer to the Complete Application Package instructions within the Certification Steps section of our website for more information.
Thank you for using the Online Licensing Service to apply for certification in Florida.
Certification Home Page