Please make sure that all documents you send to our office contain either your social security number or Florida DOE (License) Number.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding State of Florida holidays
U.S. Domestic Toll-Free Number: 800-445-6739
Outside U.S.: 850-245-5049
The Bureau of Educator Certification provides an automated telephone inquiry service for teachers through use of a touch-tone telephone. This automated service is available by telephone anytime except from 1:00 a.m. – 4:00 a.m. each day.
General information available by telephone includes:
- Getting started with teaching and certification in Florida
- Information on Florida's certification examinations.
Further information available by telephone with Applicant ID Number or Florida DOE (License) Number:
- Status of valid application or certificate
- Last 10 documents received into or sent from your file in the last six months
- Live access to a certification specialist during regular Office Hours.
The Bureau of Educator Certification provides information and assistance for visitors to the office on the second floor of the Turlington Building in Tallahassee during regular office hours. To schedule an appointment with an Educator Certification Specialist, please call 850-245-9796. While walk-ins are welcome, it is highly recommended that you make an appointment to ensure prompt service and guarantee that an Educator Certification Specialist will be available to meet with you.