Please make sure that all documents you send to our office contain either your social security number or Florida DOE (License) Number.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding State of Florida holidays
U.S. Domestic Toll-Free Number: 800-445-6739
Outside U.S.: 850-245-5049
Customer service representatives are available Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 4:30 pm)
The Bureau of Educator Certification provides an automated telephone inquiry service for teachers through use of a touch-tone telephone. This automated service is available by telephone anytime except from 1:00 a.m. – 4:00 a.m. each day.
General information available by telephone includes:
- Getting started with teaching and certification in Florida
- Information on Florida's certification examinations.
Further information available by telephone with Applicant ID Number or Florida DOE (License) Number:
- Status of valid application or certificate
- Last 10 documents received into or sent from your file in the last six months
- Live access to a certification specialist during regular Office Hours.
The Bureau of Educator Certification accepts office visitors by appointment only (Monday – Thursday), excluding holidays. To schedule an appointment, please call 850-245-9796.