Dual enrollment is an acceleration program that allows secondary students, including home education students and students with disabilities, to take postsecondary coursework and simultaneously earn credit toward a high school diploma, a career certificate, an industry certification, or an associate or baccalaureate degree at a Florida public or eligible private institution.
Subsection (21) of Section 1007.271, F.S., states "each district school superintendent and Florida College System institution president shall develop a comprehensive dual enrollment articulation for the respective school district and Florida College System institution."
Private (Nonpublic) Schools
Subsection (24) of Section 1007.271, F.S., states “each postsecondary institution eligible to participate in the dual enrollment program pursuant to s. 1011.62(1)(i) must enter into a private school articulation agreement with each eligible private school in its geographic service area seeking to offer dual enrollment courses to its students, including, but not limited to, students with disabilities.”
Subsection (13) of Section 1007.271, F.S., states “each postsecondary institution eligible to participate in the dual enrollment program pursuant to s. 1011.62(1)(i) must enter into a home education articulation agreement with each home education student seeking enrollment in a dual enrollment course and the student’s parent.”
Statewide Articulation Agreements
- Criteria for Approval of Single Site Dual Enrollment Programs (PDF)
- Memo on Approved Dual Enrollment Credit for Boys State, Girls State, and the Lou Frey Institute of Politics and Government Civic Leadership Academy (PDF)
- University of Florida – Young Entrepreneurs for Leadership and Sustainability (PDF)
- University of Florida – Student Science Training Program (PDF)
- Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreement Sample Format (PDF)
- Home Education Articulation Agreement Sample Format (PDF)
- Private School Articulation Agreement Sample Format (PDF)
Please contact the Office of Articulation at (850) 245-0427 or email@example.com to inquire about prior year agreements.