Career & Technical Education Audit
On January 30, 2019 Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 19-31 (PDF) that charts a course for Florida to become number 1 in the nation for workforce education by 2030.
Executive Order 19-31 (PDF) directs Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran to audit career and technical education (CTE) offerings in the state and develop a methodology to audit and review offerings annually. The audit should include:
- An analysis of alignment with certificate or degree programs offered at the K-12 and postsecondary levels;
- An analysis of alignment with professional level industry certifications;
- An analysis of alignment with high-growth, high-demand and high wage employment opportunities; and
- A review of student outcomes such as academic achievement, college readiness, postsecondary enrollment, credential attainment and attainment of industry certifications.
To accomplish the goals and vision of the Governor’s executive order, FDOE is working with CareerSource Florida, the Department of Economic Opportunity, the Board of Governors, the Florida College System, school districts and business and industry leaders to ensure CTE offerings are aligned with market demands.
We want to hear from you!
Provide input on the proposed program quality indicators. The department is soliciting feedback from the public on proposed program quality indicators for secondary and postsecondary CTE programs. We invite all stakeholders with a vested interest to provide input by completing the survey by July 22, 2019.
Email us at CTEaudit@fldoe.org if you have questions or would like to receive updates.
Presentations & Meetings
- House Education Committee Meeting – February 5, 2019
- Presentation by Chancellor Rod Duckworth to Statewide District Secondary CTE Directors – February 20, 2019
- Presentation by Chancellor Rod Duckworth to Statewide District Postsecondary CTE Directors – February 20, 2019
- Presentation by Chancellor Hebda to Council on Instructional Affairs/Council on Student Affairs – February 21, 2019
- State Board of Education Meeting - March 19, 2019 (2:00:33- 2:11:57)
- Presentation by Tara Goodman to WEDDAC – April 23, 2019
- Presentation by Dr. Carrie Henderson to MISATFOR – April 24, 2019
- Update by Rod Duckworth to the Statewide Secondary CTE Directors – May 6, 2019
- Meeting of Advisory Committee for Florida’s Career and Technical Education Audit – May 28, 2019
- Presentation by Tara Goodman at the Northwest Florida Career Pathways meeting – June 5, 2019
- Update by Chancellor Hall to Florida College System Council of Presidents – June 7, 2019
- Presentation by Dr. Carrie Henderson to Council on Instructional Affairs/Council on Student Affairs – June 13, 2019
- Presentation by Chancellor Hall at Perkins V State Plan Implementation Summit – June 18, 2019
- Webinar with Advisory Committee for Florida’s Career and Technical Education Audit – June 10, 2019
- Webinar with CTE Audit Expert Groups – June 20, 2019
- Webinar with CTE Audit Business/Industry Expert Group – July 3, 2019
- Webinar with CTE Audit Postsecondary Expert Group – July 5, 2019
- Webinar with CTE Audit Secondary Expert Group – July 8, 2019
- Presentation by Chancellor Hall at the Florida Association of Career and Technical Education Summer Conference – July 17, 2019
- Webinar with CTE Audit Expert Groups – July 26, 2019