Career & Technical Education Audit
On January 30, 2019 Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 19-31 (PDF) that charts a course for Florida to become number 1 in the nation for workforce education by 2030 as well as ensuring that Florida students are prepared to fill the high-demand, high-wage jobs of today and the future.
Executive Order 19-31 (PDF) directs Education Commissioner Richard Corcoran to audit career and technical education (CTE) offerings in the state and develop a methodology to audit and review offerings annually. The audit should include:
- An analysis of alignment with certificate or degree programs offered at the K-12 and postsecondary levels;
- An analysis of alignment with professional level industry certifications;
- An analysis of alignment with high-growth, high-demand and high wage employment opportunities; and
- A review of student outcomes such as academic achievement, college readiness, postsecondary enrollment, credential attainment and attainment of industry certifications.
To accomplish the goals and vision of the Governor’s executive order, FDOE will work with and utilize the expertise of CareerSource Florida, the Department of Economic Opportunity, the Board of Governors, the State College System, school districts and business and industry leaders to ensure CTE offerings are aligned with market demands.
Annually FDOE will make recommendations to the Governor to eliminate CTE offerings that are not aligned to market demands, create new offerings aligned to market demands and strengthen existing CTE offerings as needed.
We want to hear from you!
Email us at CTEaudit@fldoe.org if you have questions or would like to receive updates.
Presentations & Meetings
- House Education Committee Meeting – February 5, 2019
- Presentation by Chancellor Rod Duckworth to Statewide District Secondary CTE Directors – February 20, 2019
- Presentation by Chancellor Rod Duckworth to Statewide District Postsecondary CTE Directors – February 20, 2019
- Presentation by Chancellor Hebda to Council on Instructional Affairs/Council on Student Affairs – February 21, 2019
- State Board of Education Meeting - March 19, 2019 (2:00:33- 2:11:57)