Writing Calibration Scoring Guides
The 2012 FCAT Writing Calibration Scoring Guides, developed in collaboration with Florida educators, establish the expectations that will be used as the basis for scoring decisions for FCAT 2.0 Writing through 2014.
The guides provide examples of student responses at each score point and were provided to school districts on August 31, 2011, to help educators interpret the changes to Florida's writing assessment from spring 2012 through spring 2014. The following guides are available upon request by emailing Assessment@fldoe.org.
- Grade 4 Calibration - Expository
- Grade 4 Calibration - Narrative
- Grade 8 Calibration - Expository
- Grade 8 Calibration - Persuasive
- Grade 10 Calibration - Expository
- Grade 10 Calibration - Persuasive
2014 FCAT 2.0 Writing Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) are now available.