Planning & Implementation Grant
2020-23 Charter Schools Program Grant (CSP) Planning, Program Design and Implementation Supplement
This is a CSP grant competition for applicants that meet the following criteria:
- Submitted a charter school application to a local school district using the Department's model charter school application (Form IEPC-M1, effective February 2016) as adopted in State Board of Education Rule 6A-6.0786; and
- Charter application has been approved by the district;
- Charter application is pending;or
- Charter application is denied and pending an appeal.
- Eligible applicants that meet the definition of a new operator must have successfully gone through a previous CSP grant competition review but had to rescind its award because it could not open a charter school by a time specific in that previous RFP.
- Further, eligible applicants must open no later than August 2020, or have opened a school in the 2017-18 or 2018-19 school years and have not previously received a CSP grant.
A technical assistance webinar was held on Friday, February 28, 2020 at 3:00 pm. The webinar recording may be viewed here:
Each year, the Florida Department of Education administers the Charter Schools Program (CSP) Planning and Implementation grant through a request for proposals (RFP) process. The purpose of this grant is to provide financial assistance for the planning, program design, and initial implementation of high quality charter schools and expand the number of high quality charter schools in Florida.