Bureau of School Improvement
The Florida Department of Education’s Bureau of School Improvement (BSI) will facilitate improved outcomes for all students by facilitating collaborative problem solving of district and school leaders in the areas of:
- Effective leadership;
- Public and collaborative teaching;
- Ambitious instruction;
- Safe and supportive environments; and
- Family and community engagement.
BSI “Big Bets”
Strategic Goal Setting
Help districts align their activities to potentially powerful strategic goals, which are themselves aligned to clearly articulated causes of underperformance.
Urgent, Customer-Driven Support
Meet the urgent requirements of districts by providing expertise, resources and adult learning experiences that meet mutually determined needs.
Help districts design and implement adult training programs that are likely to result in high rates of transfer into observed practice.
The Continuous Improvement Management System (CIMS) was developed by BSI to provide districts and schools with an online platform for collaborative planning and problem solving. The system has continued to expand and now includes:
- Data visualizations for needs assessment and goal development
- School and district improvement plans
- School Improvement Grant 1003(g) proposals
- Registration for BSI-hosted professional development opportunities
- Resources, tools and guidance to support continuous improvement
All districts and schools in Florida are welcome to use CIMS! Specific requirements and timelines for schools and districts in Differentiated Accountability, as well as a wealth of additional information may be found in the FAQ and Toolkit.
For public access to current and prior year plans in CIMS that are published for specific districts and schools, please click here.