Military Families


If you are a member of the United States Armed Forces who is transferred to Florida from out of state or from a foreign country due to a permanent change of station orders, and your child has a current IEP or 504 accommodation plan with a duration of longer than 6 months, your child may be eligible for the McKay Scholarship Program for students with disabilities. The program provides an eligible student with the option of attending a public school other than the one to which he or she is assigned, or provides scholarship funding to attend a participating private school. Visit the McKay Scholarship for Children of Military Families for more information.

Visit the Military Family Assistance pages for more information that will allow you to better prepare your family to enter Florida’s educational system.

General K-12 Education Information