Sexual Battery (SXB) - Level I
Forced or attempted oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by using a sexual organ or an object simulating a sexual organ, or the anal or vaginal penetration of another by any body part or object.
- Student or other raping someone.
- Student or other attempting to rape someone.
- Students engaging in consensual sex acts. (Consensual sex is not Sexual Battery. Refer to Sexual Offenses (Other) as a possible SESIR code).
- Student or other threatening to rape someone. (Refer to Sexual Assault as a possible SESIR code.)
According to what is written in Appendix P, if a student commits a Level 1 incident such as Sexual Battery, are we to first consult with law enforcement and then make a determination as to whether an official report should be written? Do Level 1 incidents no longer fall into the criteria of must be reported to law enforcement?
- Yes, Level 1 incidents are generally violent offenses that require consultation with Law Enforcement and they would make the determination whether an official report should be written.
- 794 Sexual Battery
Office of Safe Schools
325 West Gaines Street, Room 1302
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400