Title I, Part C: Migrant Education Program (MEP)
The Title I, Part C-Migrant Education Program (MEP) funds additional educational programs for migrant children (ages 3-21). Migrant students have the same risk factors as other students. These students also face further challenges because of their frequent moves.
Migrant students usually account for only a small percentage of the total student population. Many school districts find it difficult to provide the level of services needed to ensure the best educational experience possible for migrant students.
The MEP attempts to ensure that migrant students do not face additional educational challenges because of the differences in academic standards throughout the country. The program also promotes the coordination of educational and support services including the timely transfer of academic records.
Title I, Part C funds may be used for the following:
- Identification and recruitment of migratory children (ages 3-21)
- Instructional and support services
- Identification and Recruitment (ID & R) training
- Interstate and intrastate coordination
- Family Engagement
- Migrant Student Records Exchange (MSIX)
Migrant Student Information eXchange (MSIX)
- MSIX Help Desk: 1-866-878-9525; 9:30AM - 6:30PM EST Monday through Friday
- FMEP Migrant Student Information Exchange (MSIX) Policy & Procedures (PDF)
- User Application for Access to MSIX (Word)
- MSIX User Instructions (PDF)