Title I - Part C: Migrant Education Program (mep)
The Title I, Part C-Migrant Education Program (MEP) funds additional educational programs for migrant children (ages 3-21). Migrant students have the same risk factors as other students. These students also face further challenges because of their frequent moves.
Migrant students usually account for only a small percentage of the total student population. Many school districts find it difficult to provide the level of services needed to ensure the best educational experience possible for migrant students.
The Title I, Part C (MEP) attempts to ensure that migrant students do not face additional educational challenges because of the differences in academic standards throughout the country. The program also promotes the coordination of educational and support services including the timely transfer of academic records.
Part C funds may be used for the following:
- Identification of migrant children and youth for MEP eligibility
- Recruitment of migrant children and youth for MEP services
- School placement assistance
- Identification and Recruitment (ID & R) Training
- Interstate and intrastate coordination
- Family Support
- Determining the eligibility of migratory children and youth for Migrant Education Program services
- Part C, Local Education Agency Project Applications
- Part C, Local Education Agency Monitoring
- Part C, Technical Assistance
New & Hot Topics
Florida Migrant Intra- and Interstate Program (FMIP)
- Florida Migrant Education 2011 Exemplary Awards Application (Word)
- Florida Migrant Education Program (FMEP) Policies and Procedures for Florida Inter/Intrastate Transfer/Exchange of Migrant Student Records (PDF)
Migrant Student Information eXchange (MSIX)
- MSIX Trainer's Corner
- MSIX Help Desk: 1-866-878-9525; 9:30AM - 6:30PM EST Monday through Friday
- FMEP Migrant Student Information Exchange (MSIX) Policy & Procedures (PDF)
- User Application for Access to MSIX (Word)
- MSIX User Instructions (PDF)
Publications & Data
- Florida Migrant Education Comprehensive Needs Assessment Final Report (PDF)
- Migrant Data Elements
- Florida Migrant Education Services Delivery Plan (PDF)
- Priority for Services TAP (PDF)
Meetings and Conferences
- The National Association of State Directors of Migrant Education (NASDME) Conference in Orlando, Florida - April 27th-May 1st, 2013.
- The Florida Association of State and Federal Education Program Administrators (FASFEPA) and the East Coast Technical Assistance Center (ECTAC) Conference in Tampa, Florida - May 6-9, 2013.