Federal/State Indicator Status
Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2015-2016 Federal/State Indicator Status
- Submit this record during reporting periods 2, 3 and 5 for each PK-12th grade student in membership in the school district at
any time during the school year.
For students who supplement their course schedule outside of the district, only one record is submitted. In this situation the primary district of enrollment should submit the record.
Do not send this record for McKay Scholarship students (school of enrollment of 3518) unless the student also attends a course in the school district or receives services through a services plan.
Do not send this record for students who were expected to attend school but did not enter (DNE) as expected for unknown reasons.
- IMMUNIZATION STATUS: It is very important to report the current status for all kindergarten and seventh grade students in
membership in the school district during reporting period 2.
- CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL ACADEMY IDENTIFIER: Report up to two applicable codes for each student who participated in a Career and
Professional Academy at any time during the reporting period for reporting periods 2 and 3 or at any time during the school year
for reporting period 5. If the student participated in more than two Career and Professional Academies during the school year for
reporting period 5, report the most recent academies.
- DROPOUT PREVENTION/JUVENILE JUSTICE PROGRAMS: Report the program, if any, the student attended during survey week. These codes
are used to identify the proper status of students in the school grading system. For students in more than one of these programs,
report code E (Alternative to Expulsion) and code R (Dropout Retrieval) prior to any of the other program codes. For survey 5,
report code Z for all students on this format.
- HOMELESS STUDENT, PK-12: All districts must report all homeless students regardless of whether the district receives grant
funding to serve this student population.
- HOMELESSNESS CAUSE – Each student who is reported as a Homeless Student, PK-12 (any code other than N) must have corresponding
Homelessness Cause (a code other than Z).
- MATHEMATICS REMEDIATION COMPONENT: For reporting periods 2 and 3 submit the Mathematics Remediation Component for each student
receiving remediation during that reporting period. For reporting period 5 submit the Mathematics Remediation Component for any
student who was in a mathematics remediation component at any time during the school year.
- DISTRICT NUMBER, CURRENT INSTRUCTION/SERVICE - CAPE: Report the district in which the student received instruction for the
Career and Professional Academy reported on this format. In most cases this will be the same as the District of Enrollment but, in
some cases, the student will attend an academy in another school district.
- ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the
state edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 3, 4 and 5. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
' * ' indicates key fields. (Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
Last Updated: 7/29/2015