Education Information and Accountability Services Home Page
2015-2016 Exceptional Student
- Submit this record in reporting periods 1-4 for any PK-12 student who has an Exceptionality, Primary code other than Z. Include any
student who has a current individual educational plan (IEP), individual family support plan (IFSP), educational plan (EP), or services
plan under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) in effect. Include students enrolled in both public and private
schools (including School Number, Current Enrollment of 3518 and N999) who have a current IEP, IFSP, EP or services plan under IDEA. If
the student does not have one of these plans, do not report the student on this format.
- For reporting period 5, submit this record for any PK-12 student who, during the school year just ended, was in membership at any
time during the year and had an Exceptionality, Primary code other than Z. For any student dismissed from all programs
during the year, report the last Exceptionality, Primary and Exceptionality, Other the student was placed in prior to dismissal. Also
report this record in Survey Period 5 for any student who is not already an Exceptional Student and 1) was referred but is pending
evaluation, 2) was evaluated and pending eligibility determination, 3) was evaluated and determined ineligible, or 4) was determined
eligible but has not been placed (Exceptional Student Placement Status = R, E, I, or N).
- YEAR: For reporting periods 1-4 this field must contain the fiscal year. For reporting period 5 this field must contain the school
- EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT, DISMISSAL DATE: Report the most recent Exceptional Student, Dismissal Date in Survey 5 for any student who has
exited all Exceptional Education programs during the school year and is no longer receiving special education and related services.
- TIME, TOTAL SCHOOL WEEK AND TIME WITH NON-DISABLED PEERS are reported only in Survey 2. For all other surveys, zero-fill these
fields. Also, zero-fill these fields for students whose only exceptionality is gifted (code L).
- EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT, IDEA EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENTS: Report only in Survey 2. For all other Surveys, Z-fill this field.
- ALTERNATE ASSESSMENT ADMINISTERED is only reported in Surveys 2 and 3. For all other surveys, Z-fill this field.
- ERROR CODES: This field is used by the Department to report to districts the specific errors found in the record during the state
edit process. This field should contain filler (spaces, blanks) when the record is transmitted to the Department.
- KEY FIELDS: The key fields for this format are item numbers 1, 3, 4 and 5. If a key field needs to be changed, the record must be deleted and re-submitted as an add.
' * ' indicates key fields. (Click on the link to view or download a pdf version of the document)
Last Updated: 7/1/2015