Secondary Science Webinar February - Green Schools
This webpage contains information and resources related to Secondary Science Instruction. The webinar begins with a description of the three pillars of a Green School, which include reduced environmental impact and costs, improve the health and wellness of students and staff, and effective environment and sustainability education. Resources for teaching about environmental education were also included, followed by teachers, parents and students sharing environmental education highlights from their schools.
PJ Duncan, Secondary Science Specialist, Florida Department of Education
Penny Taylor, Director of Health Schools
Don Whitehead, Senior Projects Architect
- Understand what elements make up a Green School
- Learn at least three strategies to enhance environmental education at school or district
- Be able to identify new contacts for resources and technical assistance
- Become aware of the new Florida Department of Environmental Protection school level awards programs
- Secondary Science Webinar February – Green Schools (2/28/2017)
- Secondary Science Webinar February – Green Schools Transcript (RTF)
Please complete our webinar survey.