ESE Parent Survey
Each year, the Florida Department of Education (FDOE) surveys parents of children with an individual educational plan (IEP) to determine how well your child’s school is partnering with you and promoting your involvement in your child’s education. All states must collect this data as part of their State Performance Plan, as required under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Your feedback is important in helping the state and local school systems continue improving educational programs for children with special needs. Thank you!
Disability History and Awareness
The first two weeks of October are Disability History and Awareness Weeks! For more information, please visit the Disability History and Awareness page.
Special Ed Connection Resource for Parents
The Florida Department of Education is proud to provide access to Special Ed Connection at no cost to families of individuals with disabilities who are enrolled in Special Education programs.To request access to this valuable resource, please contact your district representative via the Special Ed Connection Contacts (PDF).
Publications & Technical Assistance Papers
- Understanding the Florida Standards Alternate Assessments Reports 2017
- Parent Guide Multi-Tiered System of Supports (PDF)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (PDF)
- Florida Statutes and State Board of Education Rules (Red Book) - Hyperlinked Index (PDF)
- Section 1002.23, Florida Statutes – Student and Parental Rights and Educational Choices
- What is Exceptional Student Education for Children with Disabilities? - 2015 (PDF)
Use of Seclusion and Restraint on Students with Disabilities, Information for Parents Brochure (PDF)
- Use of Seclusion and Restraint on Students with Disabilities, Information for Parents Brochure (RTF)
- Documentación, Divulgación y Observación del Uso del Aislamiento y Restricción de los Estudiantes con Discapacidades, Información para los padres (Spanish) (RTF)
- Kijan yo Dokimante, Papòte ak Swiv Izolman ak Metrize Elèv Andikape yo, Enfòmasyon Pou Paran yo (Haitian Creole) (RTF)
- A Blueprint for Tier 3 Implementation: A Results-Driven System for Supporting Students with Serious Problem Behaviors (PDF)
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- School Choice: Office of Independent Education and Parental Choice
- Florida Diagnostic and Learning Resources Center Parent Services
- Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)
- Family Network on Disabilities
- Parent to Parent of Miami
- Family Café
- Florida Department of Education Bureau of Family and Community Outreach