The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (SCATE) was signed into law on July 31, 2018. The Act amends the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education (Perkins IV) Act of 2006 and reauthorizes Perkins for six years. The law took effect July 1, 2019. Florida’s Perkins Four-Year State Plan was approved by the U.S. Department of Education in June of 2020.
Perkins serves as the primary federal investment in Career and Technical Education.
Online Equity Training Opportunities Available for a Limited Time
The Florida Department of Education, the Florida Association for Career and Technical Education, and the National Association for Partnerships in Equity have joined together to offer a menu of online training opportunities for state college and district counselors and CTE teachers and administrators. The courses and materials are focused on providing support for students who are considering or seeking training for careers that are non-traditional for their gender. The courses and materials are available for a limited time. Details on the training offered and registration can be found at Perkins Training Opportunities for State College & District Career and Technical Education Staff.
Florida's Perkins V State Plan
- Perkins V Text
- Perkins V Redline (Advance CTE) (PDF)
- Summary and Analysis of Perkins V (Advance CTE) (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Perkins V Frequently Asked Questions (Updated: 6/29/2020) (PDF)
Non-traditional Program Designations
- Secondary Non-traditional Program Designations (Excel)
- Postsecondary Clock Hour Non-traditional Program Designations (Excel)
- Postsecondary Credit Non-traditional Program Designations (Excel)
- Advance CTE Perkins Resources Page
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) Perkins V Webinar
- Association for Career & Technical Education (ACTE) Perkins V Resources Page