Students must first go through the institutional complaint procedures listed in the institution’s website under grievance and/or complaint procedures. If the student is not satisfied with the outcome, he/she may appeal the complaint to the Council by sending an email to FLSARAinfo@fldoe.org.
- Complaint must be filed within two years of the incident about which the complaint is made.
- Complete the institutional complaint process prior to submission with the Council.
- Complaint must be a formal assertion in writing that the terms of SARA, or of laws, standards or regulations incorporated by SARA, are being violated by a person, institution, state, agency or other organization or entity operating under the terms of SARA.
- You are a student of a FL-SARA approved institution. See list of approved institutions. (The student is a distance education student living outside-of-the-State of Florida at the time that the incident occurred.
- If you are not a student, but have a concern about any of the above, you may submit a complaint.