Governor Ron DeSantis has activated the Florida Disaster Fund to support individuals who are impacted by Hurricane Dorian. The Florida Disaster Fund helps provide financial support to Florida’s communities in times of disaster. To make a contribution, please visit www.FloridaDisasterFund.org or text DISASTER to 20222 to make a one-time donation of $10.
The Florida Department of Education works closely with school districts before, during and after natural disasters to ensure they have the resources necessary to resume normal operations as quickly as possible. We will continue collaborating with district leadership to address questions as they arise. At this time, the Department is monitoring the hurricane. Please continue to visit our website for updates.
- Hurricane Dorian - FEMA Declaration (PDF)
- Guidance to School Districts Affected by Hurricane Dorian September 5, 2019 (PDF)
- K12 Supplemental Plan (PDF)
- Florida College System Supplemental Plan (PDF)
Get A Family Plan
Hurricanes, tornadoes and flooding are just a few of the many hazards Floridians are subject to - don't wait until disaster strikes, develop a family plan today! To get started, visit Get A Family Plan.
All schools and offices have now returned to normal operations.
National Hurricane Center
Visit the National Hurricane Center for up-to-date storm information.
Florida Department of Education Meeting Cancellation
Education Practices Commission Hearings and Meetings
- September 3: Cancel all EPC committee meetings.
- September 4: Add a day of in-person hearings on Tuesday, October 8, to the already existing October 9-10, 2019, hearing schedule to incorporate the in-person hearings previously scheduled September 4 at 8:30 a.m.; 11:30 a.m.; and 3:00 p.m.
- September 5: Reschedule the Business Meeting to a limited phone-in Business Meeting to take place September 23, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. (an official agenda will be available at a later date).
- September 6: Reschedule the 8:30 a.m. in-person hearing to a phone-in hearing to take place September 23, 2019, at 9:00 a.m.