FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake
FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake is aligned to the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards. Students who need to pass the Grade 10 FCAT 2.0 Reading assessment for graduation purposes will participate in the FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake. In 2014-15, FCAT 2.0 Reading and FCAT 2.0 Mathematics were replaced by the Florida Standards Assessments.The FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake will be administered through Spring 2018 for the cohort of students who initially took the FCAT 2.0 Reading and have yet to pass the assessment.
About the Assessment
- 2016-17 Fact Sheet (PDF)
- NGSSS Test Design Summary (PDF)
- Computer-Based Testing
- Understanding NGSSS Retake Reports, Spring 2016 (PDF)
- Florida's Transition to Computer-Based Testing for Statewide Assessments (PDF)
What's on the Assessment
To learn more about the content of the FCAT 2.0 Reading Retake, individuals may review the Test Item Specifications for grade 10 reading. The Test Item Specifications describe how the test questions (or items) on the assessments will measure student achievement of the standards.
Taking the Assessment
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Practice tests for these assessments are available at PearsonAccess.
- Sample Questions and Answer Key Books:
- Achievement Levels (PDF)
- Achievement Level Descriptions
Publications and Resources
- Archived Publications
- Cognitive Complexity Classification (PDF)
- Graduation Requirements for Florida's Statewide Assessments (PDF)
- One Year of Florida’s Assessment Committee Participants (2013-2014) (PDF)
- Participation in State Assessment Committees (PDF)
- Standard Setting