Statewide assessments are developed, administered, scored, and reported by two different assessment vendors.
American Institutes for Research (AIR) administers the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA), which are aligned to the Florida Standards in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics. Unless otherwise indicated, the AIR assessments below are computer-based only (with paper-based versions for students whose individual education plans [IEPs] indicate this accommodation) for the 2018–19 school year:
- Grades 3–6 FSA ELA Reading (paper-based)
- Grades 3–6 FSA Mathematics (paper-based)
- Grades 4–6 FSA ELA Writing (paper-based)
- Grades 7–10 FSA ELA Writing
- Grades 7–8 FSA Mathematics
- FSA Algebra 1 End-of-Course (EOC)
- FSA Geometry EOC
Practice tests for these assessments are available on the FSA Portal.
Pearson administers assessments aligned to the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (NGSSS). Unless otherwise indicated, the Pearson assessments below are computer-based only (with paper-based versions for students whose individual education plans [IEPs] indicate this accommodation):
- Grades 5 and 8 Statewide Science Assessment (paper-based)
- Biology 1 EOC Assessment
- U.S. History EOC Assessment
- Civics EOC Assessment
Practice tests for these assessments are available at PearsonAccess.
Current Technical Requirements
Computer-Based Assessment Certification Process
- Computer-Based Testing Certification Guidelines for 2018–2019 (PDF)
- Computer-Based Assessment Certification Tool