Assistance for teachers in the following areas is available in the Teacher Toolkits.
- 3rd Grade Science (PDF)
- 4th Grade Science (PDF)
- 5th Grade Science (PDF)
- 8th Grade Science (PDF)
- Biology I (PDF)
- Technology in Science (PDF)
- Algebra I (PDF)
- Algebra II (PDF)
- Geometry (PDF)
- Civics (PDF)
- United States History (PDF)
- Physical Education (PDF)
- Elementary Comprehensive Health Education (PDF)
- Secondary Comprehensive Health Education (PDF)
Florida's Sexual Health Education Community Outreach (PDF)
- Text only version (RTF)
These toolkits are designed to present you with the most essential items you need to get you and your students off to a good start.
Here are a few things you can do to use your precious planning time most effectively.
- Print the most recent version of the course description for the course(s) you are teaching. The link is in the toolkit. Keep it nearby. It tells you the content that is required to be taught this year.
- With the course description in hand, review the instructional materials for the course that are available to you. Do the materials address the content of every standard in your course description? If not, you will want to access some of the supplemental resources suggested in this toolkit so that your students receive adequate instruction of the entire course and are prepared for whatever assessment questions might come their way.
- Check to ensure that you have other supplies you need for students to work with during the school year. This may include calculators, lab equipment, maps and charts, etc.
- Check to ensure that you have items that will allow you to differentiate instruction for all types of learners. You may need native language/English dictionaries, headphones or text readers for example.