Tools & Resources for Educators
Florida Standards Resource Document
During the Summer of 2014 and a large portion of the 2015 school-year, teachers and administrators statewide participated in one or both of the following FDOE sponsored Florida Standards professional development trainings:
- The Florida Standards Professional Development Action Projects (PDAP)
- The Florida Standards Tools & Resources Professional Development Training Series
A lot of great resources including, PowerPoints, videos, and other various instructional resources were developed as a result of these trainings. This crosswalk document is designed to align and connect the resources from both trainings. We hope this document will assist educators in accessing and using these resources in the most effective way to support Florida Standards-based in instruction in their classrooms and schools.
Florida Standards Tools & Resources At-a-Glance Series
These eye-catching, easy-to-understand PDF’s have been designed to highlight the features, benefits and uses of the tools the department offers to school districts that educators can use to enhance Florida Standards instruction. The tools and resources include:
- CPALMS Text Version (RTF)
- Single Sign-on (PDF)
- Math Formative Assessment System (MFAS) (PDF)
- English Language Arts Formative Assessment System (ELAFAS) (PDF)
- Florida Standards Student Tutorials (Floridastudents.org) (PDF)
- Text Complexity & Demand Resources & Activities (PDF)
- Interim Assessment Item Bank & Test Platform (IAIBTP) (PDF)
- Florida Assessments for Instruction in Reading – Florida Standards (FAIR-FS) (PDF)
We hope that educators will use these documents keep them handy in places such as on their desks, posted on a wall or in their lesson plan books for easy access and frequent use.
Florida teachers are the front-line leaders for education in preparing our students for success after high school. The Florida Standards have been created to guide you in developing your students’ critical thinking and problem solving skills. These newstandards do not tell you how to teach, rather they provide you and your teacher teams with helpful guidance while still allowing for local control over instructional materials and curriculum.
English Language Arts Florida Standards (LAFS) by Grade Level
Download the English Language Arts Florida Standards (LAFS) by grade level:
- Kindergarten - LAFS (PDF)
- Grade 1 - LAFS (PDF)
- Grade 2 - LAFS (PDF)
- Grade 3 - LAFS (PDF)
- Grade 4 - LAFS (PDF)
- Grade 5 - LAFS (PDF)
- Grade 6 - LAFS (PDF)
- Grade 7 - LAFS (PDF)
- Grade 8 - LAFS (PDF)
- Grades 9-10 - LAFS (PDF)
- Grades 11-12 - LAFS (PDF)
Mathematics Florida Standards (MAFS) by Grade Level
Download the Mathematics Florida Standards (MAFS) by grade level:
- Kindergarten - MAFS (PDF)
- Grade 1 - MAFS (PDF)
- Grade 2 - MAFS (PDF)
- Grade 3 - MAFS (PDF)
- Grade 4 - MAFS (PDF)
- Grade 5 - MAFS (PDF)
- Grade 6 - MAFS (PDF)
- Grade 7 - MAFS (PDF)
- Grade 8 - MAFS (PDF)
- Grades 9-12 - MAFS (PDF)
- Grades 9-12 - Calculus - MAFS (PDF)
Here are some additional resources and professional development opportunities help you with this transition:
- CPALMS: Provides a listing of standards as well as information and interactive tools for teachers.
- Florida Department of Education Monthly Florida Standards Updates: Commissioner Stewart's monthly paperless memos to districts on the Florida Standards.
- Success Stories
Information on English Language Arts Formative Assessments
- Parent Guide Library: Download parent guides for English language arts and mathematics by grade level.
- Florida Department of Education's Educator Resources: Provides course descriptions, legislative links, information on standards and links to various sections of the Department of Education’s website.
- Parent Workshop Resources: Provides resources that teachers and schools can use to communicate with parents on the Florida Standards.
- Florida Standards Brochure: Provides information on the benefits of the Florida Standards as well as resources for everyone who impacts the student learning experience.
Are you an educator? Sign up for our monthly Just for Teachers newsletter to receive updates from the Florida Department of Education. Also, visit the Florida Department of Education's Just for Teachers blog written for teachers by teachers.
Do you have a success story to share about how the standards have improved your students’ learning? Tell us about it! Email Justforteachers@fldoe.org for a chance to be featured on the blog.
Florida principals and administrators go above and beyond every day to create an environment where teachers and staff can be successful, students are inspired to work hard and parents are involved in their child’s education. Our school leaders have been a positive voice as the state has raised our standards and expected more from our students.
You play an important role in raising our academic standards. We are committed to providing you with the tools and resources to support you and your teachers during this transition to the Florida Standards.
CPALMS: Provides a listing of standards as well as information and interactive tools for teachers.